Year 2 parent meeting letter
Spring 2019 Parents sheet
Reading books are sent home every day and are to returned daily please.
If you would like any more information, just get in touch!
– use cursive sheets to help your child with cursive letters (joined up writing)
– Help them learn 2, 5 and 10 times tables
– Learn to spell all of the days of the week
– Learn the names of 2D and 3D shapes
– Help with homework
– Help to learn weekly spellings
– Read school reading book and other books for pleasure
– Learn all of the Year 1/2 common exception words
In Year 2 we have been learning about Mary Seacole. We made portraits of her using water colours. We tried to create shadows and texture using the water colours. We also played a comprehension game to develop our knowledge about Mary. We also wrote our own biographies about Mary.
We have been using manipulatives in maths to learn about 2 digit numbers.
We have made our own 3D houses during our Topic work about the Great Fire of London.
After making our houses in class we found out what it would have been like in London in 1666 when we burnt them in the playground with the help of Mr Ormonroyd.
In ICT Year 2 have been using 2 Animate to create our own animations
of the scene of the great fire of London.